PAN (Permanent Account Number) is utilized for identification of different income taxpayers in India. PAN is a ten character alphanumeric number issued to each Indian income taxpayers. The fundamental reason for the Permanent Account Number is to accomplish Universal Identification of all Indian tax payer’s financial transaction and effectively avoid tax evasion. The identification procedure depends on a PC framework.
Permanent Account Number is issued under a section of 139A by the Indian income tax division. This procedure supervision under CBDT (Central Board for Direct Taxes) likewise keeps up the confirmation of identification in India.
The Permanent Account Number is mandatory for income tax return, high-value transactions, opening another bank account, forgetting proficient income, bank stores, cell phone association and so on. Presently PAN number is likewise accessible for outside individuals to validate visa however for remote individuals, it isn’t utilized as a proof of Indian citizenship.
It still holds of utmost importance even after government’s policy of linking Aadhar to every possible document of an Indian citizen. One cannot be issued an Aadhar card until he//she has got the PAN card Downloaded.
In this article, we will teach you how to apply and download PAN Card online –
Applying For Pan Card –
- You would need to log in to UTIITSL or NSDL official website :
- Moving ahead, you would need to download the form.
- Once you download the form, you would need to fill in details such as your name, parent’s name, permanent address, and much more.
- If you are done with filling the form, you would need to submit and proceed ahead.
- You will now land at Payments page and you would need to fill in the details and choose a mode of payment.
- There would be an email with confirmation of payment and invoice along with the date of issue of PAN Card.
Downloading PAN Card –
- You would now get an email from NSDL’s official id with a pdf attachment.
- The PDF attachment will have an official PAN Card attached to Article 139A form.
- It will include your photo, filled details, and signature.
- The form will also be signed and attached by NSDL.
Note- For the PAN Card to be issued, it takes a minimum of 15 days by NDSL. You can also opt for physical delivery of PAN card by paying the extra shipping charge while submitting the form.
So, people, this was a very easy and short guide on how to apply and download PAN Card online on your device and personal computer. If you are facing any issue then feel free to comment below.