Smartphones have redefined the way we click pictures and edit them. The inclusion of camera as a feature on the phone was one innovative idea that has allowed us the luxury of creating memories. Technology for clicking pictures has been improving at a breakneck speed and every time one thinks that we cannot improve further, a new model comes out with even better picture quality. The One pluses, Pixels, S9’s and iPhones of the world have made it ever so easy to create a moment, we cherish for a lifetime.
The popularity of Instagram has grown immensely with the evolution of cameras on smartphones. Every picture has to look ever so perfect with the perfect lighting from the right angles garnering people’s attention and likes. The need for a picture perfect shot has put the latest cameras to shame and created the need for photo editing apps. It happens ever so frequently that either there is too much light in the picture or absolutely no light and, sometimes we are not satisfied with just one picture and a collage of multiple pictures works better. For all such needs you need not go for a professional photo editor on your computer rather a simple easy to use app can serve the purpose. We created a list of the best photo editing apps available online and here it goes:
- Adobe photoshop express: An offering by Adobe is bound to make it to the top of the list. Just like its PC version, Adobe Photoshop Express offers flexibility and complete control over your photos. The app allows you to make changes to individual photos and create a collage of individual images with a large number of colorful frame options. The app also allows users to directly share their edited content to Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat instantly. To do take backup of this huge app, you can use Titanium Backup Pro app. The app offers a range of features such as crop, rotate, resize and flip under basic options to advanced features such as blemish removal, exposure, clarity, sharpness and watermark. The app is available for download on the Google Playstore and supports raw image formats of all major device manufacturers.
- Picsart: Had the Express app not been developed by Adobe, PicsArt would have been at the top of the list. It is one of the more spectacular apps that allow you to remix pictures and stickers to crate awesome collages and memes. The app has seen more than 100 million downloads since its inception and helps you unleash the creative beast within you. They also have a hashtag on Instagram and if they find a picture worth featuring, they do it on their Instagram page. There are hundreds of free templates available for use and collaborative editing with friends makes editing a fun experience. PicsArt also organizes creative contests and photo challenges.
- Google Snapseed: Snapseed is another one of Google’s offerings, just like the other Google app services that make our life easier. It has more than 29 tools and filters that include perspective mode, HDR, structure and allows users to work with RAW image files. The edited pictures can then be saved as JPG file. The app has more than 50 million downloads on the Google Playstore and an average star rating of 4.5. There is a section called ‘Insights’ available on the app that offers useful tips and tricks from professional photographers.
- AirBrush: The app’s developers believed in the philosophy that everyone can have a perfect photo and so they created an app that could help users create the perfect picture for them. The app allows users to retouch their photos and create beautiful results. It has an interactive UX/UI that includes a number of tools such as blemish and pimple remover, teeth whitener, body slimmer, eye brightener and other artistic effects. The built-in camera interface allows real-time photo editing and makes it easier for users to get their pictures right in the first trial itself. An additional feature is ability to retouch your skin, edit and tan to achieve perfection in a few swipes along with blush your cheeks option.
- Pixlr: It has been rightly called as the perfect photo-editing app for everyone. The app has highly advanced features used by professionals such as layer building and at the same time also provides enough for the beginner to explore and learn. In order to help people learn photo editing the app developers have created their own Instagram page where daily updates help users learn something new each day. The app boasts of more than 2 million combinations of various effects, fliters and overlays that make it a very popular choice among users. Some of the features include photo masking, color splash, focus blur, double exposure, border packs and a favorites section under which users can save their favorite effects to allow quicker editing.
- Photolab: This is a unique photo editing app in the sense that it allows users to use fantastic face photo montages along with around eight hundred stylish and fun photo effects. The app allows the user to unleash the designer soirit within themselves with its set of innovative tools. Neutral Art styles, photo frmaes, photo effects, filters, collages and montages are some of the features offered by this app. The app has a convenient and easy to use interface that allows users to edit and share their apps across social media handles. The app encourages feedback by users by asking them to contact the team in case they cannot find a particular effect and rolling it out in the next update.
- Aviary: Another member of the Adobe family on the list, Aviary photo editor makes editing a memorable experience. The app comes with a super intuitive UI and has been reviewed as the best photo editing app by renowned sources such as USA Today, Mashable and LifeHacker. One-tap auto enhance, gorgeous photo filters, fun stickers, color splash, focus, meme creator & cosmetic tools are some of the notable features offered by this app. The app has more than 50 million downloads on the Playstore and an average user rating of 4.4 stars.
- Photo effects Pro: Photo effects Pro is a powerful tool for all your editing needs. The app is vailable for free download ffrom thr Google Playstore and offers options like smart blur, focus shift, frames and many more effects that will help create a glorious picture. It is a fun way to enhance photos with finger paint and postcard features. The app users to customize images by feeding them through an AI as style of popular artists. It does not require an internet connection to work and is also optimized for various display sizes including tablets.